Training is available for new staff who meet the eligibility criteria and existing staff who are at risk of unemployment and require retraining in order to secure ongoing employment.
If an employer is interested in recruiting new people for their workforce or wanting to upskill their existing workforce they may be eligible for fee-free training through NSW JobTrainer/Skilling for Recovery.
People undertaking training must meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and fit into at least one of the categories below:
- a young person aged 17-24 at the commencement of training, regardless of employment status, including Year 12 school leavers
- Commonwealth Government welfare benefit recipients
- an unemployed person
- an employed person who is expected to become unemployed (e.g. companies in declining industries, people whose employment is conditional on immediately undertaking work relevant training, workers who have been stood down or furloughed).
Eligible participants will also need to be:
- living in NSW or working in NSW
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or
- humanitarian visa holder
- no longer at school.