Targeted Priorities Program - Prevocational and Part Qualifications Program
Brighten Institute Australia is approved to offer training for eligible students for three target areas:
- Prevocational training
- Pre-apprenticeship and pre-traineeship training
- Priority groups and industries
NSW State Training Services may offer subsidised training only in circumstances where an individual or industry has no other source of funding available.
For more information, please click here to visit Smart & Skilled – NSW Skills List web page.
Prevocational training is targeted to help individuals to get a job or continue training to achieve a full qualification.
Pre-apprenticeship and pre-traineeship training
This training is targeted to help individuals gain an apprenticeship or traineeship.
There are two priority areas for part qualifications as listed below.
- Long term unemployed
- Students living in rural or remote areas
- Jobseekers, including:
- Centrelink benefit recipients
- Underemployed workers who need further training to work more hours
- Mature aged workers returning to the workforce
- Retrenched workers and those at risk of retrenchment
- School leavers
- People with a disability
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Disadvantaged youth or youth at risk
- Inmates in NSW Correctional Centres, including Juvenile Justice Centres
- Unemployed volunteers, to support pathways to employment and/or community service
- Industries undergoing economic structural change, needing to retain or up-skill workers to adapt to changing markets or to remain viable
- Industry sectors that can demonstrate the need for entry level skills, rather than full qualifications
- Emerging industry areas in a thin market where the training supports industry expansion into new areas, new jobs or permanent employment, or supports growth in a local or regional economy
Priority industries must be willing to:
- Partner with government and other stakeholders
- Participate in candidate selection
- Offer relevant work experience liked to the training, and
- Offer actual job opportunities
Identifying training needs
If you are an employer, industry, community group or jobactive provider, contact us on 02 9223 1868 or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for customised training of part-qualifications to suit your needs.